- Oprah got her very own sarcophagus. [CS]
- 1984 was a good year for music. [MW]
- Britney Spears is seeing a psychologist. [WLC]
- Rihanna apparently has milk. [GTS]
- Cameron Diaz hooked up with Scott Speedman? Oh, Felicity. [LRM]
- The lady who voices Bart for The Simpsons gave over $10 million last year to Scientology. [HC]
- Have I already told you I can’t wait to see Baby Mama? I love Tina Fey. [PB]
- Is Megan Fox still boning that dude from 90210? [BB]
- Avril Lavigne + punk rock bikini + dumb Myspace faces. [RR]
- Someone is spilling their coffee. [BST]
- A monkey attacked Christina Ricci’s boob. [TB]
- American Pie star Jason Biggs is engaged. [WIMB]
- Blind items about bongs are fun. [WW]
- Oh hey, check out Miley Cyrus’ new bff. I hope she invites him to prom! [BS]
- No special treatment for Foxy Brown in the clink. [PB]
- I think Hayden Panettiere wants to make sweet love to John Kerry. [CH]
- A Nightmare on Elm Street remake without Robert Englund? No thanks. [SOW]
- Some douchebag con artist posed as Heath Ledger’s father. [CB]
- Denise Richards is officially the worst Bond Girl of all time. [GH]
- Eva Longoria claimed she was an “ugly duckling” growing up. [DL]
- Ryan Gosling shaved his face. [DS]
- If you go read my new Redfin story about baby condos in Boston, I’ll buy you a pony. Well, maybe I won’t actually buy you a pony, but if I see you at Flour, I will probably buy you one of those cute mini-tartlets if you were all like, “Oh hey, Alyk, buy me a mini-tartlet.” [RF]
Archive for January 30th, 2008
Ethan Hawke reportedly knocked up his children’s former nanny. A source told In Touch the actor and girlfriend Ryan Shawhughes are expecting their first child together.
Ethan and ex-wife Uma Thurman have two children together: nine year old Maya and six year old Levon.
OT: do any of us actually find this dude attractive? His super-duper case of rat-face creeps me out.
Although Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have not yet addressed rumors that they are knocked up with twins, Us Weekly claimed a source close to the couple asserted they are indeed preggers.
The source said Angie and Brad may sell the confirmation to a magazine, and give the money to charity.
Britney Spears’ reunion with mother Lynne this week didn’t go so well. Although Lynne reportedly traveled to Cali to attempt some sort of intervention with her daughter, Britney went on several bizarre shopping trips rather than rehab or a mental health clinic.
On Monday, Britney plunked down cash to buy a new car, but fought with Lynne at the dealership.
The drama continued on Tuesday (now known as “Topless Tuesday”) when a slightly-obscenely dressed Britney hit up a J. Crew with Sam Lutfi for some attention and gum-chewing. According to an onlooker, Britney was “totally out of it” during the trip to the mall.
The thumbnails below are kind of NSFW, so make sure you don’t have any hot liquids around when you click, because you might knock them over or something.
Ready for some mundane details from Miley Cryus’ fascinating life? Great, me too! Miley officially changed her name this week from Destiny Hope Cyrus to Miley Ray Cyrus.
Although Miley was just a childhood nickname, the Hannah Montana star decided to adopt it as her real name, along with the middle name “Ray,” as a shout out to her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus.
This is slightly OT, but I remember sitting in 10th grade biology class and hearing the most fascinating conversation about the name “Destiny.” It went like this:
Teenage girl #1: “I think I’m pregnant.”
Teenage girl #2: “Oh, really? What are you going to name it?”
Teenage girl #1: “Justice if it’s a boy, Destiny if it’s a girl.”
Teenage girl #2: “Don’t do that: if you name a girl ‘Destiny,’ she’ll turn out fat.”
Teenage girl #1: “Oh yeah, I forgot about that.”
I never understood the logic of that conversation, and the two girls in question wore what I perceived at the time to be “Wal-Mart shoes,” so I couldn’t be seen speaking to them in public, thus I didn’t turn around and ask where their fat girl logic originated. Still, Destiny-as-a-fat-girl has stuck with me after all these years.
According to Us Weekly, Michelle Williams attempted to coax Heath Ledger into rehab in 2006, but he refused to get out of the car. Michelle was reportedly disturbed by Heath’s constant use of alcohol and drugs, which included cocaine, heroin and “a variety of pills,” said a source close to the couple.
Despite the end of their relationship, Michelle was inconsolable after hearing news of Heath’s death last week. “She cried and screamed as soon as she heard,” said a source on the set of her latest film, “Mammoth.”
Although Jennifer Lopez hasn’t popped her twins out yet, she’s reportedly given them names. According to Star, Jennifer’s mother Guadalupe was spotted purchasing two gold-rope baby ID bracelets with the names “Max” and “Emme.”
Kind of cute, right?